Uh Oh Your Friends and Family Don & Understand...

We have all been there, rest assured. When I started my fitness journey, it was like my friends and family didn't want me to succeed. Or they didn't understand. Or both. Either way, constantly hearing "you're so thin why are you working out" or "too much water will kill you" or "one cookie won't make a difference". Believe me when I say,  I have heard it all. Most of the time, many people just don't understand. And that's ok. But that doesn't make it hurt any less when people bash your new lifestyle.



There's a few things that I have learned that work over the years...

Many of you know that I don't drink alcohol. If someone asks us to go out, we simply order water on the rocks! If someone gives you a hard time- tell them you are allergic to alcohol. Or tell them you aren't interested in driving drunk. Or tell them that you are such a BA sober that you don't need to alcohol to make you have a good time.

Going out with friends? Don't make it a daily occurrence but you don't have to avoid it either. Just order anything that has a mother, comes from the ground, and can be washed. Drink water. Avoid the bread. Get your salad dressing on the side. It's not difficult to construct a healthy meal at a restaurant.

Friends, family, coworkers giving you a hard time? Simply look them in the eyes and tell them that you are doing this for you and they need to love you enough to support you. Only listen to people who have what you want. If your poor friend is telling you how to be a millionaire- why would you listen to them? No different than an unhealthy person giving you advice on how to be healthy or how to live your life.

Include your family and friends on your fitness journey. Take them to the gym with you. Take them to a workout class. Meal prep together. My family has completely converted the way that they eat and make healthier choices now simply because I included them in what I was doing!

And sometimes.. you have to cut ties with people. If your friends want to go out and party all the time- make new friends with a similar lifestyle. Trust me, your mental and physical health will improve!
Uh Oh Your Friends and Family Don & Understand... Uh Oh Your Friends and Family Don & Understand... Reviewed by Unknown on 20:08 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.